The Ghana Education Service confirms through a press release that 55 out of 314 students/staffs in some SHS have tested positive for COVID-19.
“Following the first report of COVID-19 cases in some senior high schools in the country on 6th July 2020, the Ghana Health Service and Ghana Education Service instituted a number of measures to determine the extent of the outbreak and containment measures. Accra Girls Senior High School has recorded most cases from the first report.”
Due to the recorded case, Ghana Education Service has put some measures in place to curb the spread of the virus.
Below are some of the measures stated in the press release:
- Identification and segregation of contact from other students.
- Sample collection and laboratory testing of all contacts identified and suspected cases.
- Disinfection of the entire school has been carried out
- Adequate PPEs have been provided to health staff stationed in the school.
- Restriction of the number of students that attend dining at a particular time
They further assured parents, guardian and the general public that efforts are been made to ensure the safety of staffs and students.
Read below the full release: