Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh dead at age 99

Prince Philip has died peacefully at Windsor Castle at the age of 99, just weeks after he was released from a London hospital and reunited with the Queen.

The Duke of Edinburgh, who had recently been treated for a pre-existing heart condition and an infection, died on Friday morning, just two months before his 100th birthday.

Prince Philip has died peacefully at Windsor Castle at the age of 99, just weeks after he was released from a London hospital and reunited with the Queen.

The Duke of Edinburgh, who had recently been treated for a pre-existing heart condition and an infection, died on Friday morning, just two months before his 100th birthday.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=gkjn4GdBkww%3Ffeature%3Doembed

A statement from Buckingham Palace said: “It is with deep sorrow that Her Majesty The Queen has announced the death of her beloved husband, His Royal Highness The Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh.

“His Royal Highness passed away peacefully this morning at Windsor Castle.

“Further announcements will made in due course. The Royal Family join with people around the world in mourning his loss.

Philip left King Edward VII’s Hospital in Marylebone, central London, in a wheelchair on March 16 following his longest ever stay, and returned to Windsor Castle, where he and the Queen, 94, had been shielding together during the coronavirus pandemic.

At the time, the nation’s longest-serving consort was said to be in good spirits as he was discharged, and waved as he arrived home for the first time in a month.

A spokesperson for Buckingham Palace said at time: “His Royal Highness wishes to thank all the medical staff who looked after him at both King Edward VII’s Hospital and St Bartholomew’s Hospital, and everyone who has sent their good wishes.

“His Royal Highness wishes to thank all the medical staff who looked after him at both King Edward VII’s Hospital and St Bartholomew’s Hospital, and everyone who has sent their good wishes.”

A source added that the duke was in “good spirits” the day he was discharged.

When he was admitted in February, Buckingham Palace described it as a “precautionary measure” and said he would be there for “a few days of observation and rest”.

But it turned into a month-long stay, split between King Edward VII’s Hospital and St Bartholomew’s Hospital, where he underwent heart surgery.

The Queen and other senior royals carried on with official duties while Philip was in hospital.

Philip has been treated for heart problems in the past and in 2011 was rushed to hospital by helicopter from Sandringham after suffering chest pains as the royal family was preparing for Christmas.

Source: mirror.co.uk

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Subscribe To Our Newsletter